Thursday, April 24, 2014

waste not, want not

I pass back and forth through a small sheaf of concertinaed printer paper. First I ease off the edges - the long ribbons full of holes that were once deemed necessary to guide the paper through the printer. Now my roller welcomes one sheet at a time - although on most days the lines are a little skewed, but that suits my writing. I hold the bunched edges in my hand and note a fleeting thought - if we had a gerbil or a child they might have fun with these cast-offs.

Then I separate each sheet from the one before it and the one that follows. A swaying rhythm builds in me as I go. And I think of how we're still working our way through the stationary supplies that my father liberated from his eighties office job. A brown-jacket with a cardboard box under one arm - topped with the name of the woman in charge of such supplies. At least he never came home with her under his arm.


dandelion said...

I love the sense of rhythm this suggests. It's a comforting image - the repetition of tearing the edges off of paper.

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the sub/dude said...

High, girl!
While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a gobba (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet-o, packaged, concise
(gotta gobba poetry, too).

Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
with an IQ much higher than K2,
and an extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with an excellent bullshot detector):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, prolific iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX… of
deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.